СМОЙТЕ ВАШИ ГРЕХИ: УГРОЗА НРАВСТВЕННОСТИ И ФИЗИЧЕСКОЕ ОЧИЩЕНИЕ
Оригинал статьи Washing Away Your Sins: Threatened Morality and Physical Cleansinghttps://www.researchgate.net/publication/6830414
1. The Holy Bible (King James Version), Acts 22:16.
2. C. J. Fuller, The Camphor Flame: Popular Hinduism and Society in India (Princeton Univ. Press, Princeton, NJ, 1992).
3. J. Haidt, S. Algoe, in Handbook of Experimental Existential Psychology J.Greenberg,S.L.Koole, T.Pyszczynski, Eds.(Guilford, New York, 2004), pp. 322–335.
4. G. Lakoff, Women, Fire, and Dangerous Things (Univ. of Chicago Press, Chicago, 1987).
5. J. Haidt, P. Rozin, C. McCauley, S. Imada, Psychol. Dev.Soc. 9, 107 (1997).
6. P. Rozin, L. Lowery, R. Ebert, J. Pers. Soc. Psychol. 66,870 (1994).
7. J. Moll et al., Cogn. Behav. Neurol. 18, 68 (2005).
8. W. Shakespeare, Macbeth, act 5, scene 1, line 38, in Signet Classic Edition, S. Barnet, Ed. (Penguin, London, 1998).
9. Materials and methods are available as supporting material on Science Online.
10. R. A. Wicklund, P. M. Gollwitzer, Basic Appl. Soc. Psychol.2, 89 (1981).
11. P. E. Tetlock, O. V. Kristel, S. B. Elson, M. C. Green, J. S. Lerner, J. Pers. Soc. Psychol. 78, 853 (2000).
12. We included participants’ sex as a covariate. Sex itself had no impact on emotional state or offers of help. We used one-tailed tests for the effect of cleansing on emotional state because we had predicted that hand washing would reduce moral emotions but not affect the other emotions.
13. This research was supported by a grant from Dispute Resolution Research Center at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and an NSF Graduate Fellowship to K.L. We thank A. Galinsky for his insights and support and G. Ku and K. Murnighan for their thoughtful comments on earlier drafts of the paper.