1. Wylie KR, Eardley I. Penile size and the "small penis syndrome." BJU Int 2007;99:1449–55.
2. Wessells H, Lue TF, McAninch JW. Penile length in the flaccid and erect states: Guidelines for penile augmentation. JUrol 1996;156:995–7.
3. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic & statistical manual of mental disorders. 5th edition. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 2013.
4. Phillips KA, Menard W, Fay C, Weisberg R. Demographic characteristics, phenomenology, comorbidity, and family history in 200 individuals with body dysmorphic disorder. Psychosomatics 2005;46:317–25.
5. Veale D, Boocock A, Gournay K, Dryden W, Shah F,Willson R, Walburn J. Body dysmorphic disorder. A survey of fifty cases. Br J Psychiatry 1996;169:196–201.
6. Veale D, De Haro L, Lambrou C. Cosmetic rhinoplasty in body dysmorphic disorder. Br J Plast Surg 2003;56:546–51.
7. Phillips KA, McElroy SL, Keck PE Jr, Pope HG, Hudson JI. Body dysmorphic disorder: 30 cases of imagined ugliness. AmJ Psychiatry 1993;150:302–8.
8. Li C, Kayes O, Kell PD, Christopher N, Minhas S, Ralph DJ. Penile suspensory ligament division for penile augmentation:
9. Indications and results. Eur Urol 2006;49:729–33. Perovic SV, Byun J-S, Scheplev P, Djordjevic ML, Kim J-H, Bubanj T. New perspectives of penile enhancement surgery: Tissue engineering with biodegradable scaffolds. Eur Urol 2006;49:139–47.
10. Spyropoulos E, Christoforidis C, Borousas D, Mavrikos S, Bourounis M, Athanasiadis S. Augmentation phalloplasty surgery for penile dysmorphophobia in young adults: Considerations regarding patient selection, outcome evaluation and techniques applied. Eur Urol 2005;48:121–8.
11. Ghanem H, Glina S, Assalian P, Buvat J. Position paper: Management of men complaining of a small penis despite an actually normal size. J Sex Med 2013;10:294–303.
12. Veale D. Outcome of cosmetic surgery and "D.I.Y" surgery in patients with body dysmorphic disorder. Psychiatry Bull 2000;24:218–21.
13. Rosecker Б, Bordбs N, Pajor L, Bajory Z. Hungarian "jailhouse rock": Incidence and morbidity of vaseline self-injection of the penis. J Sex Med 2013;10:509–15.
14. Crerand CE, Menard W, Phillips KA. Surgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures among persons with body dysmorphic disorder. Ann Plast Surg 2010;65:11–6.
15. Tignol J, Biraben-Gotzamanis L, Martin-Guehl C, Grabot D, Aouizerate B. Body dysmorphic disorder and cosmetic surgery: Evolution of 24 subjects with a minimal defect in appearance 5 years after their request for cosmetic surgery. Eur Psychiatry
16. Phillips KA, Grant J, Siniscalchi J, Albertini RS. Surgical and nonpsychiatric medical treatment of patients with body dysmorphic disorder. Psychosomatics 2001;42:504–10.
17. Veale D, Naismith I, Eshkevari E, Ellison N, Costa A, Robinson D, Kavouni A, Cardozo L. Psychosexual outcome after labiaplasty: A prospective study. Int Urogynecol J 2014;25:831–9.
18. Silberstein LR, Mishkind ME, Striegel-Moore RH, Timko C, Rodin J. Men and their bodies: A comparison of homosexual and heterosexual men. Psychosom Med 1989;51:337–46.
19. Drummond LM, Pillay A, Kolb P, Rani S. Specialised in-patient treatment for severe, chronic, resistant obsessivecompulsive disorder. Psychiatry Bull 2007;31:49–52.
20. Grov C, Parsons JT, Bimbi DS. The association between penis size and sexual health among men who have sex with men. Arch Sex Behav 2010;39:788–97.
21. Grov C, Wells BE, Parsons JT. Self-reported penis size and experiences with condoms among gay and bisexual men. Arch Sex Behav 2013;42:313–22.
22. Morrison MA, Morrison TG, Sager CL. Does body satisfaction differ between gay men and lesbian women and heterosexual men and women? A meta-analytic review. Body Image 2004;1:127–38.
23. Peplau LA, Frederick DA, Yee C, Maisel N, Lever J, Ghavami N. Body image satisfaction in heterosexual, gay, and lesbian adults. Arch Sex Behav 2009;38:713–25.
24. Veale D, Eshkevari E, Read J, Miles S, Troglia A, Phillips R,
Carmona LM, Fiorito C,Wylie K, Muir G. Beliefs about penis
size: Validation of a scale for men with shame about the size of their penis. J Sex Med 2014;11:84–92.
25. Veale D, Miles S, Read J, Troglia A, Carmona L, Fiorito C,
Wells H,Wylie K, Muir G. Phenomenology of men with body dysmorphic disorder concerning penis size compared to men
anxious about their penis size and to controls: A cohort study.
Body Image 2015;13:53–61.
26. Rosen RC, Riley A, Wagner G, Osterloh IH, Kirkpatrick J, Mishra A. The international index of erectile function (IIEF):
A multidimensional scale for assessment of erectile dysfunction. Urology 1997;1997:822–30.
27. First MB, Spitzer RL, Gibbon M, Williams JBW. Structured clinical interview for DSM-IV axis I disorders. New York: New
York State Psychiatric Institute; 1995.